Post subject: Server setup
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:53 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

I get to the page where it says, "This game is currently not available in our control panel!" and I don't know what to do. I can only guess it means I need to upload some game files or config files. Anyone know what to do? There's nothing in the drop down box and all the game files for SoF II are in the FTP. Is it ready to go or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 am 
No Longer a Newb

g2no11ah2, I responded to your other post already .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 am 

Thank you for your help. Do you know how to restart the server? My gametracker banner won't work nor will my new configs unless I restart it. Is there a server-side command for it? I've looked at many lists of commands and found none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 pm 
No Longer a Newb

If you log into your account on the front page of gameservers you can access your account to edit your configs, check gametracker banner, and restart the server.
Also if you check sof2files.com for some utilities you can find programs you can run from your pc to kick players, map changes, restart the server, and pretty much do anything you want remotely and pretty easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:35 pm 
No Longer a Newb

If anyone needs any help with sof2 servers feel free to email me at server@sof2lounge.com. I've been running sof2 servers for over 8 years and have been through numerous hosts. Every server host seems to be a little different. My sof2 server is not with GS right now but I should be very able to help with any problems.
sof2lounge.com
Sniping LounGe
Rocmod
Bots
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 pm 
No Longer a Newb

I just moved my sof2 server over to gameservers last night. I uploaded all my maps, added rocmod via gameservers console, downgraded rocmod to 2.0c, uploaded all my configs, did a couple settings changes, and then restarted my server. First time of a restart and everything works. Gameservers is the place to be.

There are many exploits to this old game, a big one is players being able to download your server cfg and take control of your server. This has happened to me many times. Remove your rconpassword and ask gameservers to nicely add your pass to your command line and you will never have to worry about that again.
Hope that helps some of you.
Peace
Luvnugz
www.sof2lounge.com

Post subject: Re: Server setup
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:55 am 

g2no11ah2 wrote:
I get to the page where it says, "This game is currently not available in our control panel!" and I don't know what to do. I can only guess it means I need to upload some game files or config files. Anyone know what to do? There's nothing in the drop down box and all the game files for SoF II are in the FTP. Is it ready to go or not?

For this problem you just check out your login because if you are not login so may be this can be occur so just again login properly. And for that you no need to upload any file or change in config file.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:20 am 

Luvnugz wrote:
If anyone needs any help with sof2 servers feel free to email me at...

Appears to be a simple enough fix, thanks for the information, I think I’m going to give these methods are try, if they don’t work, I’ll drop you an email, hopefully you’ll still be available to respond.