Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:04 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Did anyone find a fix for this yet,, DAMN i just happedn to buy a L4D server RIGTH before I saw the post about it having errors//

I would love to be able to actually use it

thx in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:58 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

Quote:
Did anyone find a fix for this yet,, DAMN i just happedn to buy a L4D server RIGTH before I saw the post about it having errors//

I would love to be able to actually use it

thx in advance

The bug does not prevent you from using your server. Only from connecting to it from the lobby. If you have a steam group you can put the steam id and adjust the server.cfg appropriately. You can also connect by using the ip address directly from the server browser by typing openserverbrowser at the console. If you really need to connect from the lobby see my previous post about connecting from the lobby via ms_force_dedicated_server method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:37 pm 

I think this fixed the lobby problem for me:
http://www.left4dead411.com/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=9&topic=10056
Check it out :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:39 am 

You are welcome! :D

Post subject: L4D GS Servers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:55 am 

The rented servers I have for L4D are still not getting any traffic and it's day three. I can get online and get into a game so I know that someones servers are in the master server list, just none of mine at GS! What's the point of having public servers here to promote a clan when they get no traffic?

I know I know, its Valces fault. Well guess what I don't pay Valve, I pay GS. Get after Valve for a fix, leverage your clout already. They run a business that depends in part on a great amount of traffic and service you give their clients so kick them in the butt already and get it fixed or you can bet I won't be renewing my servers!

Post subject: its fixed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:17 am 
No Longer a Newb

just so everyone knows, theres a 63 character limit on your sv_showtags.
Pretty much though, they fixed the problem.. unless you wanna use an extremely long search key, which theres no point in that.

Keys work great now, if not better than before for me.

Buying a TF2 Server for your clan? View your Team Fortress 2 hosting options at GameServers.com!