Post subject: Killing Floor Server
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 pm 
GameServers.com Forum Newb

For some reason, i keep getting Unknown server as the name
I have the server in my favorites so it's easy for me to find it but it says unknown server, no "how many players are on" and what ping it is
and also how do i disable elimination mode so the maps don't get disabled when done
Thnxs :D

Post subject: Re: Killing Floor Server
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm 
Click my affiliate link

Ten_Tailed_Light_Fox wrote:
I have the server in my favorites so it's easy for me to find it but it says unknown server, no "how many players are on" and what ping it is
and also how do i disable elimination mode so the maps don't get disabled when done

It means that your server isn't submitting it's information to the Master Query.

I cannot remember what setting changes that, could you post your KillingFloor.ini configuration file on here so I can see how it's different than mine? *Ensure you clear the Admin/Password sections* You can copy and paste everything in your reply using the CODE tags around it.

To disable Elimination Mode, go into your Web Admin > Defaults > Map Voting > Un-check the box next to Elimination Mode. Alternativly, you can go into your KillingFloor.ini configuration, under [xVoting.xVotingHandler], change bEliminationMode to False.

Hope this helps.

Thanks GS!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm 

starxpilot wrote:

It means that your server isn't submitting it's information to the Master Query.

I cannot remember what setting changes that, could you post your KillingFloor.ini configuration file on here so I can see how it's different than mine? *Ensure you clear the Admin/Password sections* You can copy and paste everything in your reply using the CODE tags around it.

To disable Elimination Mode, go into your Web Admin > Defaults > Map Voting > Un-check the box next to Elimination Mode. Alternativly, you can go into your KillingFloor.ini configuration, under [xVoting.xVotingHandler], change bEliminationMode to False.

Hope this helps.

It won`t let me post the file, the post thinks the post is too spamy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm 
Click my affiliate link

starxpilot wrote:

Hope this helps.

It won`t let me post the file, the post thinks the post is too spamy
Did you try putting it into CODE Tags? It's next to the Quote when clicking on Make a Reply to this thread. It's also because you only have 3 posts. Make some posts on the General Discussion or other KF Threads.

Alternatively, you could upload the config to a site and have me download it as a .txt file, however ensure you edit out the Password areas.

Thanks GS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:18 pm 

so, did you come to any conclusion in the matter regarding the "unknown server"?
i myself just rented a server, and i have the same problem.
it works fine, but i just can't get my server to show the name i gave it.
anyone got a solution yet?

Rent your own Killing Floor server at great prices!