PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:50 am 
No Longer a Newb

Hello, i think a lot of people here known or use this tool, the tool that increase the details of the game making the game f***ing better in graphics. But there are people that say "don't use it or u will be banned" or "it's a cheat". Why evenbalance make a lot of problem with this tool (i have to say that a EB programmer test it - i read it on pbbans) but they don't say if it's secure or not.
Does anybody got some news?
Really, can u call this hack/cheat? it's not an aimbot or i can't see enemy through the wall or on the minimap, it's just a modification of the graphics for better details..
What do u say about this??

P.S.
People also say "remove it, it's an injector", but an injector is the tool .exe to load an hack, that read/write in the memory, this tool dont have any exe and u can find some guide on how to activate it on nvidia site.I think this tool doesn't write the memory

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:10 am 
Frag. Not post.

When you're making any modifications to files for PB Games..... you run the risk of raising a PB Violation. Not really worth the risk to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:36 am 
No Longer a Newb

=E= Jaythegreat1 wrote:
When you're making any modifications to files for PB Games..... you run the risk of raising a PB Violation. Not really worth the risk to me.

U don't modify any file just add some .h files ... I don't think nvidia want to learn to people how to make cheat :D so FXAA is safe...it's like ask to EA "can u make me an eternal cheat?" :D if u want to make cheat u have search elsewhere not on a video card or gaming producer site :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm 
No Longer a Newb

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/does-pb-detecte-the-fxaa-injector-for-bf3-as-a-hack-t153959.html

Punkbuster/evenbalance saying that it is not allowed, so most likely you will be kicked for using it. Currently it looks like you won't be banned for it, but that could always change.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm 
Click my affiliate link

Hi.

Matt-One wrote:
People also say "remove it, it's an injector", but an injector is the tool .exe to load an hack, that read/write in the memory, this tool dont have any exe and u can find some guide on how to activate it on nvidia site.I think this tool doesn't write the memory

Well, an injector is a piece of code which injects codes or a pattern of bits into memory or links parts of code into running code. To do that you can choose between different methods. One used by hacks is to change pointers on the running code to have your code run or you can simply make sure that the program which should be changed loads the new code parts you want by it self. For the last you can integrate you own dll's (Dynamic-link library).

The tool has a setup exe which places different files which are not included in BF3 in the BF3 folder(s) and one is a dxgi.dll. And i would guess it includes the code to have the FXAA filters loaded where BF3 does not use them or change the ones BF3 has included.

You can find some information about FXAA here:
http://developer.download.nvidia.com/assets/gamedev/files/sdk/11/FXAA_WhitePaper.pdf

And you can also find some BF3 FXAA related information directly at the DICE side:
http://publications.dice.se/attachments/GDC11_DX11inBF3_Public.pdf
as Johan Andersson presented this on the GDC in 2011.

So what is the result?
This tool changes the way DICE might use FXAA. So it changes the game and the visual effects. The author of the tool has listed "BlueShift, FogColor, Defog" besides others as visual changes.

Do you play better, aim better or have any advantage compared to players with out-of-the-box BF3 visuals?
I don't know. But reducing fog or change it colors is something i personally place in one line with other not meant visual changes, and so i personally don't like it in an online match.

If Evenbalance is looking at the code i'm sure they are building there opinion about how deep the changes are and if they open a way for more changes by others 3rd party tools utilizing this 3rd party dll introduced by that tool.

I have to note, this are my theoretically thoughts as i haven't used that tool or have it decompiled.
All informations here can be found using the web. One source is a forum of a german PC gamer magazin:
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/battlefield-serie/189991-fxaa-injector-danoc1-fuer-battlefield-3-update-danoc1-v1-3-beta-download.html

Greets
Phil.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Kollo wrote:
Hi.

Matt-One wrote:

Well, an injector is a piece of code which injects codes or a pattern of bits into memory or links parts of code into running code. To do that you can choose between different methods. One used by hacks is to change pointers on the running code to have your code run or you can simply make sure that the program which should be changed loads the new code parts you want by it self. For the last you can integrate you own dll's (Dynamic-link library).

The tool has a setup exe which places different files which are not included in BF3 in the BF3 folder(s) and one is a dxgi.dll. And i would guess it includes the code to have the FXAA filters loaded where BF3 does not use them or change the ones BF3 has included.

You can find some information about FXAA here:
http://developer.download.nvidia.com/assets/gamedev/files/sdk/11/FXAA_WhitePaper.pdf

And you can also find some BF3 FXAA related information directly at the DICE side:
http://publications.dice.se/attachments/GDC11_DX11inBF3_Public.pdf
as Johan Andersson presented this on the GDC in 2011.

So what is the result?
This tool changes the way DICE might use FXAA. So it changes the game and the visual effects. The author of the tool has listed "BlueShift, FogColor, Defog" besides others as visual changes.

Do you play better, aim better or have any advantage compared to players with out-of-the-box BF3 visuals?
I don't know. But reducing fog or change it colors is something i personally place in one line with other not meant visual changes, and so i personally don't like it in an online match.

If Evenbalance is looking at the code i'm sure they are building there opinion about how deep the changes are and if they open a way for more changes by others 3rd party tools utilizing this 3rd party dll introduced by that tool.

I have to note, this are my theoretically thoughts as i haven't used that tool or have it decompiled.
All informations here can be found using the web. One source is a forum of a german PC gamer magazin:
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/battlefield-serie/189991-fxaa-injector-danoc1-fuer-battlefield-3-update-danoc1-v1-3-beta-download.html

Greets
Phil.

Hey thanks for the answer u are clear...I see also the pdf on dice's site, into that file there are some codes like the code into the FXAA injector (i'm not a programmer but for me it seem). So your opinion on that FXAA is? We will banned for this?
I take my FXAA from the german site, but i don't understand german :)
For me it is a great increase of the graphics detail, i don't undestand why EA/DICE or nvidia doesn't implement it in they games so all can take advantage of this increase. About the fog, i don't know if change something with this file because i play at low resolution and at low resolution u don't see the same fog of high/ultra resolution :P so if u don't want to see the fog and don't want to use the injector just put down the resolution and u are clean :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:27 am 
Click my affiliate link

Hi.

Matt-One wrote:
Hey thanks for the answer u are clear...I see also the pdf on dice's site, into that file there are some codes like the code into the FXAA injector (i'm not a programmer but for me it seem). So your opinion on that FXAA is? We will banned for this?

I would expect being kicked by Punkbuster while using this.
But as soon as some other finds a way to inject his hack into BF3 through the additional dll the FXAA-injector makes BF3 to load i would also expect being baned for using it.

Remember the kick for using EVGA Precision, RIVA Tuner or XFire for using as "Disallowed Program"?
This was because someone found a way to hide his hack by utilizing the OSDs of those tools and it lasted until the developer closed the hole in their software.

You may be lucky that PB only issues a kick but you never know if the server admin raises the rule that these kicks should be individual bans on his server.

Greets
Phil

Last edited by Kollo on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:51 am 
No Longer a Newb

Kollo wrote:
Hi.

Matt-One wrote:

I would expect being kicked by Punkbuster while using this.
But as soon as some other finds a way to inject his hack into BF3 through the additional dll the FXAA-injector makes BF3 to load i would also expect being baned for using it.

Remember the kick for using EVGA Precision, RIVA Tuner or XFire for using as "Disallowed Program"?
This was because someone found a why to hide his hack by utilizing the OSDs of those tools and it lasted until the developer closed the hole in their software.

You may be lucky that PB only issues a kick but you never know if the server admin raises the rule that these kicks should be individual bans on his server.

Greets
Phil

Hey, EVGA Precision, RIVA Tuner or XFire these are Overclock programs, right? What's that got to do whith it? However i received an answer from Evenbalance :

02/24/2012 18:08:41 - "Adam D"
Note #3: I'm sorry, but such tools cannot be allowed on PB enabled servers.

And i removed the tool, But i don't agree with EB for not allow this tool it's nothing about a cheat. There are a lot of cheater that PB doesn't catch, they should focus on that and not on useless tools. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:29 am 
Click my affiliate link

Hi.

Matt-One wrote:
Hey, EVGA Precision, RIVA Tuner or XFire these are Overclock programs, right? What's that got to do whith it?

Just as explanation, all those tools have the abilities to display their own information in a game you play as overlay to the games graphics. This was used by hacks to inject their display code not into the games graphics part but into the one of those tools.

Greets
Phil.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 pm 
No Longer a Newb

Talking about PB allowed "add on's", does anyone have experience with the Teamspeak overlay function.

(It an overlay function that display whos in your channel talking, and it's viewable in-game)

I would like to run it but I did not dare because of the warning that comes up when you try to activate it, saying that some anti cheat programs might see it as a hack and ban you.

Anyone here knows if EB will ban for the TS overlay function, I have tried to find something about it on their websit but i did not seem to find anything..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:05 am 
Frag. Not post.

Same thing as the FXAA injector, not worth the risk, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm 
No Longer a Newb

OT
Does somebody know if i make a full wipe of my server if i lose the ranke on gametracker?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 am 
No Longer a Newb

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that you will, they are probably using the server GUID to track it, as names can change, the same as battlelog.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:35 am 
No Longer a Newb

Matt-One wrote:
OT
Does somebody know if i make a full wipe of my server if i lose the ranke on gametracker?!

You WILL not only lose you rank on GT, you will also lose every one who has your server in their favorites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 pm 
Frag. Not post.

I don't think you'll lose GT ranking unless you delete the server from GT correct?

Rent BFBC2 server hosting in a location near you!